The RollaPoll survey app works on
tablets and smart phones running under Android 2.3 and higher. For best
performance we recommend devices with Android 4.4 or higher, which is
also the current download version of RollaPoll. If you own tablets
running under an Android version lower than 4.4, please
contact customer support to request the
download link for such versions.
Survey Tablet Hardware Selection Criteria
- Display size: The smaller the screen the more sacrifices may
be required with regards to easy readability under all kind of
lighting conditions; font sizes and questionnaire design.
7 inch tablets will do a good job for most interviewer-assisted surveys. For all situations were all or part of the
questionnaire is self-administered, 10 inch to 12 inch tablets
should be selected.
- Screen resolution: A minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 800
is recommended but not required
- Battery life: At minimum, the device should run a full work day
work day without recharging.
- Weight of device: The lower the weight, the better.
Always consider that the
interviewers or other personnel have to carry the device around the full day.
- Overall quality of touch screen: Slow reaction to touch or
insensitivity to light touch quickly gets cumbersome. Too much
glare distracts and is hard on the eyes.
- Suitability for outdoor use: If outdoor
usage and/or exposure to direct
sunlight is required for all or some of your mobile surveys,
check out the device in direct sunlight before you buy.
- Availability of accessories for the device: Look primarily
for protective gear, e.g. to absorb shock in the event of a
Survey Tablet Configuration
- Android version: There are more features available with the
higher Android versions. For example world languages are supported since version 3.
- Storage capacity: 8 GB storage are the
absolute minimum requirements
for the RollaPoll survey software; 16 GB+ are recommended
- Processor speed: Almost all tablets available on the market
today are fast enough for survey data collection use